Posted in /Cooking/Breakfast/Jam on Thursday, January 12, 2017
Blueberries and saskatoons do not set nicely in jam so you can help the process by adding rhubarb.
3 cups chopped or pureed rhubarb
3 cups crushed fresh blueberries or saskatoon
6 cups sugar
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp butter
2 (3 oz) pouches of liquid pectin
- Combine prepared rhubarb and blueberries in a large saucepan.
- Add sugar and lemon juice.
- Mix and add butter.
- Bring to a full, rolling boil over high heat.
- Boil hard for exactly one minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in pectin.
- Skim foam (which should only occur if not being continuously stirred) and fill jars to 1/4 inch from top.