Posted in /Cooking/Entrees/Pork on Tuesday, March 28, 2017
This slow cooker version of pulled pork allows for superior flavour and extreme juiciness
2lbs boneless pork shoulder roast
2 Tbsp prepared mustard (I used Dijon)
2 onions sliced
1/2 cup smoky BBQ sauce
6 soft buns
Dry Rub Ingredients
1Tbsp each: white sugar & paprika
1 1/2 tsp each: brown sugar, ground cumin, chili powder & black pepper
1/2 tsp salt & cayenne
- Spread mustard over pork.
- Make rub mixture by combining sugar, paprika, brown sugar, cumin, chili powder, pepper, salt &cayenne. Pat evenly over pork.
- Place in slow cooker, top with onions and BBQ sauce.
- Cook, covered on low for 8 to 10 hours or until very tender.
- Transfer pork to a cutting board and cool slightly. Using two forks, shred meat, discarding any fat.
- Remove fat and transfer liquid to a saucepan and bring to a boil, cook to reduce and thicken it (or blend a little cornstarch with cold water, whisk into cooking liquid and bring to a boil, whisking constantly, until thickened into a sauce).
- Add meat to sauce and heat until warmed through.
- Serve on buns.