Posted in /Cooking/Entrees/Lamb on Wednesday, March 29, 2017
At one point I wasn't a huge fan of lamb. This is the recipe that changed my world. I now think lamb is one of my favourite proteins.
2 (1 3/4 - 2 pound) racks of lamb, fat trimmed from rib bones
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp veggie oil
- Adjust oven to middle position and preheat oven to 250F degrees
- With a sharp knife cut diagonal slits 1/2 -1 inch apart - crosshatch pattern
- Combine 1 Tbsp salt & cumin in a bowl
- Rub 3/4 tsp salt mixture into over the entire surface of each rack into slits.
- Place racks, bone side down, on wire rack (cooling rack style) in a jelly roll pan. Insert a thermometer and roast until meat registers 125 (medium rare) 130 (medium). Approx. 1 hour
#Heat veggie oil in a 12 inch skillet over high heat until just smoking. Place racks (one at a time) with bones facing up in the pan & cook until well browned - 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer to cutting board, cover with tin foil and let rest for 15-20 minutes. Cut between the ribs & serve.