Posted in /Cooking/Side_Dishes/Salads/Dressing on Saturday, July 15, 2017
Make approximately 1 cup (250 mL)
1 medium beet, trimmed/peeled
1 1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 egg yolk
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1 pinch pepper
1/4 cup oil (neutral flavor such as canola)
1/4 cup olive oil
- Wrap beet in foil and roast in the oven on a baking tray (to help capture leaks) for 60 minutes at 400F
- Unwrap beet and allow to cool slightly
- Roughly cut beet and measure out 1/2 cup
- In a blender mix together all ingredients except for the oils.
- Slowly incorporate the oils to help set the emulsification.
- Wear gloves when working with beets or you will have purple hands!