Posted in /Cooking/Desserts/Pie on Tuesday, October 10, 2017
Blueberry Pie is Matt's favorite, and it is probably one of the easiest to make. The best blueberry pies are made a day ahead so they can set.
2 Tbsp Sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup lard (in most stores you can buy Tenderflake lard right next to the shortening). I know it sounds horrible to use lard, but it really makes the best crusts!
6-7 Tbsp Ice cold vodka
1 cup white sugar
4 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 cups fresh blueberries
1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
1 tablespoon butter
1. Place dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and cut lard into the dry ingredients
2. Next mix one tablespoon of ice cold water into the dry ingredients at a time until the mixture is unified.
3. Chill dough for 15 minutes in refrigerator
4. Roll dough out in a floured surface and place in a pie dish
5. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
6. Mix sugar, cornstarch, salt, and cinnamon, and sprinkle over blueberries.
7. Line pie dish with one pie crust. Pour berry mixture into the crust, and dot with butter. Cut remaining pastry into 1/2 - 3/4 inch wide strips, and make lattice top. Crimp and flute edges.
8. Bake pie on lower shelf of oven for about 50 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
Alternate pie top
You can top your blueberry pie with a Crumble Topping