Posted in /Cooking/Entrees/Red_Meat on Friday, November 09, 2018
Yield: 8 slices
1 lb (500 g) ground beef
1/2 lb (250 g) ground pork
3/4 cup sodium-reduced chicken broth
1 celery stalk, diced
1/2 tsp dried sage
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced
2-3 potatoes - large dice
1. In a large pot boil potatoes until fork-ably soft. Once cooked mash potatoes and mix in butter and milk to taste until mixture is fluffy.
2. Meanwhile in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat pan fry ground beef and ground pork.
3. Once meat has been cooked to a slight golden hue add chicken broth, celery, thyme, sage, cloves and cinnamon for 10 minutes or until no liquid remains. Remove from heat. Stir in left over mashed potatoes minced fresh parsley.
4. Spoon into a 9-inch (23 cm) pie shell. Top with second pie crust and cut steam vents in top crust.
5. Bake in 400F (200C) oven until hot and golden brown, 35 to 45 minutes.
h2. Inspired by: Canada Beef