Posted in /Cooking/Desserts/Cookies on Saturday, December 15, 2018
These cookies are my most memorable baking memory. My Mom & I would bake these cookies at Christmas and have fun decorating. My cookie press is a little more modern than hers but the cookies look and taste just like the memories.
Yield: 4 dozen
1 teaspoon Clear Vanilla Extract, 2 Oz.
1/2 teaspoon no-color peppermint extract or other flavour
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups butter (softened)
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons milk
Food colouring - optional
1. Preheat the oven to 350F
2. In your sand mixer cream butter and sugar
3. Add in your egg, vanilla and flavour extract
4. In another bowl combine the flour and baking powder
5. Add your flour mixture to the butter mixture in small increments
6. Finally add your milk then scrape down the sides and mix a few more times
7. If desired add in your food colouring of choice.
8. Fill cookie press with dough and with desired disks, press cookies onto ungreased cookie sheet.
9. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet on cooling rack. Remove from sheet; cool completely.
10. Combine with other favourite, such as gingersnaps or other holiday treats to give to friends and family.