Posted in /Cooking/Breads on Saturday, December 22, 2018
This is a fancy looking cinnamon bun.
Yield: 1 ring (12 inch diameter)
1 1/4 cup milk
1 egg beaten
2 Tbsp Butter
1/4 cup Sugar
3/4 tsp salt
3 2/3 flour
1 1/4 tsp yeast
1 Tbsp butter, softened
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup and 2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
1 Tbsp water
1/2 cup icing sugar
1/4 tsp almond or vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp milk or as needed
1. Place all ingredients in the order listed into the bread machine baking pan.
Insert baking pan into oven chamber, twist to secure. Close lid.
Select: Dough/Pasta Setting.?
2. Divide dough into 2 equal sized balls
3. Roll dough out to a ? inch thickness in a circle and place on parchment lined sheet.
4. In a small bowl combine the filling ingredients and spread it over the dough.
5. Roll out the other dough ball and place over the filling.
6. Place a small cup or round lid in the center of the dough and make 16 cuts around the sides of the cup. Do not cut through the center
7. Holding two ends twist in opposite directions and seal together with a brush of water and a pinch
8. Repeat until all cuts are twisted together.
9. Let the shaped dough rest for 10-15 minutes in a warm place with a damp towel over top.
10. Combine egg and water then brush lightly with egg. (this step was forgotten by my students which is why it is so light coloured.
11. Preheat oven to 350F
12. Bake until rings are light brown and the filling is oozing and bubbling. About 20 minutes
13. In a small bowl, combine icing sugar, extract and milk until the it becomes a drizzle consistency. Drizzle over warm pastry.