Posted in /Cooking/Side_Dishes on Tuesday, December 25, 2018
All I can say is YUM...try to make these and not eat them, it's really hard!
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
4 cups (12 ounces) pecans halves, unsalted
1 egg white, whisked
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and cayenne to a large bowl or ziplock bag. Toss or whisk until evenly combined. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, add pecans and egg whites, and gently toss until combined and the pecans are evenly coated. Add in the sugar mixture, and toss until combined.
4. Spread the mixture out in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
5. Bake for about 40 minutes, removing the nuts and giving them a stir every 20 minutes, until the pecans are fragrant and the sugar coating is cooked. (The sugar will harden more once the pecans are out of the oven.)
6. Remove from the oven, and let the baking sheet cool on a cooling rack until the nuts reach room temperature. Transfer them to a sealed container and store until ready to use.
- Pear Honey Vinaigrette Salad
- An amazing snack all on its own!
Inspired by: Gimme Some Oven