Posted in /Cooking/Side_Dishes on Sunday, February 03, 2019
Every once in a while I have a few extra minutes (or I plan in a few extra minutes) which lets me make these amazing juicy and crisp potatoes. I've eaten them at Greek restaurants for years but until recently didn't make them at home because they're time consuming. And while the time issue hasn't changed, my desire to make these at home has!
1.2 kg / 2.5lb potatoes , starchy
1 cup chicken stock
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup lemon juice
5 garlic cloves , minced
1 Tbsp dried oregano
2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. In large roasting pan combine stock, oil, lemon juice garlic, oregano and salt.
3. Peel potatoes and cut large ones into thick wedges - about 3cm / 1.2" thick - and medium ones into 3 pieces. Place in a roasting pan with all the other ingredients. Toss well.
4. Roast for 30 minutes. Turn potatoes, roast for a further 25 to 30 minutes until the liquid is mostly absorbed by potatoes/evaporated and you're left with mainly oil in the pan.
5. To crisp the potatoes, transfer potatoes to a separate tray and roast for another 20 - 25 minutes, turning once or twice, until potatoes are golden and a bit crispy.
6. If you have additional liquid in the bottom of your roasting pan, don't worry we won't let that go to waste! Carefully pour into a saucepan and reduce by 1/2. Pour this thickened sauce over finished potatoes just before serving. Serve, garnished with lemon wedges and oregano if desired.
Inspired by: Recipe Tin Eats