Posted in /Cooking/Side_Dishes on Tuesday, July 02, 2019
This corn pudding is way too easy to eat. We paired it with pulled pork, and fresh homemade coleslaw both of which really made the meal special. It can be made ahead and just reheated so it goes well with the pork since that is a slow cooker meal.
1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoons kosher salt
3 large eggs
1 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup salted butter, melted and cooled
1 tablespoons canola oil
3 cups fresh corn kernels (from 8 ears)
1/4 cup chopped sweet onion (from 1 onion)
1 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 350?F and grease 9 inch baking dish.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl until blended.
- Whisk together eggs, cream, and melted butter in a medium bowl until blended.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high.
- Add corn and onion, and cook, stirring often, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and let cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Stir flour mixture and corn mixture into egg mixture. Sprinkle with fresh thyme.
- Spoon into a 9-inch square baking dish, and bake in preheated oven until set and golden brown, about 40 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Inspired by: Southern Living