Posted in /Cooking/Desserts/Cookies on Tuesday, December 24, 2019
This is a new favourite holiday cookie, it also makes a lot so is great for exchanges.
1 cup flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 ounces chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Combine the chocolate chips and butter in a small bowl and microwave at 50 percent power, stirring occasionally, until melted in 30 second increments, this will likely take 2 to 3 minutes but make sure you do this slowly to prevent it from burning.
- In the stand mixer cream together brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Mix the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture until combined.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture until no dry streaks remain. Let the dough sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Place the sugar and powdered sugar in separate shallow bowls. Working with cookie scoop drop dough balls directly into sugar and roll to coat. Transfer dough balls to powdered sugar and roll to coat evenly. Evenly space the dough balls on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies, 1 sheet at a time, until puffed and cracked and edges have begun to set but centers are still soft (cookies will look raw between cracks and seem underdone), about 12 minutes. Let cool completely on sheet before serving. The cookies can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days.