Posted in /Cooking/Breads on Sunday, March 10, 2019
This lemon loaf is super moist and disappears quickly. It takes a while to bake since the batter is extremely liquidy but it is worth the wait.
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs, room temp
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon extract
Zest from one lemon
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup oil
1 cup icing sugar
2 Tbsp icing sugar
1 Tbsp milk
1/2 tsp lemon extract
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Grease and flour a loaf pan.
3. In a large bowl, combine lemon zest, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
4. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, oil, sugar, butter, vanilla extract, lemon extract and
5. lemon juice with a mixer until blended.
6. Combine wet and dry ingredients until smooth.
7. Pour into loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
8. Remove from oven and cool in pan on a rack for 15 minutes.
9. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, milk and lemon extract with a mixer until smooth.
10. Glaze the top of the loaf. Once the glaze has set, slice loaf into slices