Posted in /Cooking/Breads on Saturday, March 02, 2019
This is a fun and different way to make a cinnamon bun. It looks complicated but is really just a little time consuming.
Yield: 1 ring (12 inch diameter)
1 1/4 cup milk
1 egg beaten
2 Tbsp Butter
1/4 cup Sugar
3/4 tsp salt
3 2/3 flour
1 1/4 tsp yeast
2 Tbsp butter, softened
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup and 2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
1 Tbsp water
1/2 cup icing sugar
1/4 tsp almond or vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp milk or as needed
1. Place all ingredients in the order listed into the bread machine baking pan.
2. Insert baking pan into oven chamber, twist to secure. Close lid.
3. Select: Dough/Pasta Setting.?
Filling and Assembly Directions
1. Divide dough into 2 equal sized balls
2. Roll dough out to a ? inch thickness in a circle the size of a large dinner plate and place on parchment lined sheet.
3. In a small bowl combine the filling ingredients and spread it over the dough.
4. Roll out the other dough ball and place over the filling.
5. Place a small cup in the center of the dough and make 16 cuts around the sides of the cup. Do not cut through the center
6. Holding two ends twist in opposite directions and seal together with a brush of water and a pinch
7. Repeat until all cuts are twisted together.
8. Let the shaped dough rest for 10-15 minutes in a warm place with a damp towel over top.
9. Egg wash the top of the bread before you put it in the oven. Use 1 egg + 1tsp water and paint all over the bread.
10. Preheat oven to 350F
11. Bake until rings are light brown and the filling is oozing and bubbling. About 20 minutes
16. In a small bowl, combine icing sugar, extract and milk until the it becomes a drizzle consistency. Drizzle over warm pastry.
Inspired by: Dels Cooking Twist
and Canning and Cooking at home