Posted in /Cooking/Desserts/Cookies on Thursday, November 01, 2018
Mom Adams gave me this recipe and every time I make it I think of her! They're a cakey cookie and the icing helps to keep it moist.
Yield: 30 cookies
1/2 cup butter
1 cup Pumpkin
1 cup Sugar
2 cups + 2 Tbsp Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Salt
6 Tbsp butter - brown in pan
3 Tbsp hot water
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a stand mixer cream butter, pumpkin and sugar together (it will look like gross baby food but eventually will taste great).
3. Mix dry ingredients together in another bowl
4. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture in small amounts at a time. Once combined, use a leveled cookie scooper to make cookies and place on a silicon lined baking sheet. This is a cakey cookie not a flat so the batter will be thick.
5. Bake at 350 for 15 - 20 minutes. Cookies are done when they are golden on the bottom and when the bottom is tapped and sound hollow.
6. Meanwhile prepare the frosting by melting butter in a frying pan until it goes slightly brown. Then add in the water and vanilla. Pour the butter mixture over the powdered sugar and stir to combine.
7. To frost, allow the cookies to cool on a cooling rack for a few minutes. Place paper towels on the counter below the cooling rack then dip the top of the cookie into the frosting then return to the cooling rack so the frosting can set.