Posted in /Cooking/Entrees/Seafood on Friday, January 01, 2021
If you're looking to impress with a difficult looking dish that is secretly very easy, you've found the right recipe.
796 mL can diced tomatoes
1 large shallot, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup red wine
1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh basil (2 teaspoons dried basil)
a few pinches of red pepper flakes
TT salt & pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Preheat a large deep skillet or stockpot.
- Saute shallots with olive oil and a little salt until translucent over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute a few minutes more.
- Put mussles into pot and top with tomatoes and red wine. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Meanwhile cook scallops if desired in equal parts butter and olive oil - be sure to pat them dry prior to cooking.
- Let simmer for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Toss with cooked pasta
- Remove from heat and add basil. Turn into a serving bowl.
Spagheti or linguini